Re: Some thoughts on NDS Labs

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014, Arthur Smith wrote:
> If NDS is to be the Interop (or NSFNet) to RDA's IETF, then it seems to me
> like the focus of NDS labs should be implementing and highlighting
> interoperability of implementations of data standards. For example we heard
> about the data type registry:

I would definately like to see NDS Labs be a platform for RDA ideas.
I hope it can also be a lab for cultivating additional RDS WG
activity, both building on the currently deliveries and inspiring new
ones.

> But I think we should keep the focus on the data side, not just on putting
> together another cloud computing environment.

It's been proposed that NDS Labs respond to requests for projects, so
I would hope that there would be people from the RDA community
inspired to come forward.

That said, the NDS Labs proposal is essentially one of storage
and compute resources and support to operate it.  Your suggestion
(puting a registry in a docker container) helps us understand whether
the proposed environment can serve that role.

cheers,
Ray