Re: Some thoughts on NDS Labs

If NDS is to be the Interop (or NSFNet) to RDA's IETF, then it seems to me like the focus of NDS labs should be implementing and highlighting interoperability of implementations of data standards. For example we heard about the data type registry:

http://typeregistry.org/registrar/

and RDA proposes there be multiple registries of this sort - so perhaps there should be an NDS labs version of the registry, with applications built on top of that to link datasets to registered data types and illustrate the utility of those relationships (in discovery and analysis).

The infrastructure ideas Matthew Turk proposes sound great - can we put together a data type registry as a docker container as an example? I also agree getting a good communications infrastructure in place is critical - something like "Stack Overflow" would be very helpful.

But I think we should keep the focus on the data side, not just on putting together another cloud computing environment.

ÂÂ Arthur