Re: Ongoing architecture work

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Ian Foster <foster@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Matt:
>
> As NDS is supposed to be a collaborative project, I don't think it is appropriate to call this the "preliminary architecture for the NDS." Call it an NDS pilot, perhaps?

Sure!  I agree with that, and I have changed all the locations in the
document where I've used the singular "the" to "a" or "an" -- I
thought I emphasized this in my original email, but see now that I
could have done a much better job of saying so.

> We are implementing (in fact, have operational) another NDS pilot based around Globus services--the Materials Data Facility. Having other parallel efforts exploring other technologies is fine, but calling it the NDS architecture disenfranchises us at Chicago and I believe is premature.

I've changed the name to be "co-pilot" as well.  From what I can tell,
the MDF is progressing really well, and I (the primary author of this
document) have attempted at all times to keep interoperation with what
I know of for MDF technologies as a top priority.