Re: Ongoing architecture work

Dear Matt:

As NDS is supposed to be a collaborative project, I don't think it is appropriate to call this the "preliminary architecture for the NDS." Call it an NDS pilot, perhaps?

We are implementing (in fact, have operational) another NDS pilot based around Globus services--the Materials Data Facility. Having other parallel efforts exploring other technologies is fine, but calling it the NDS architecture disenfranchises us at Chicago and I believe is premature.

Ian.