RE: REST API of create_lab, suspend_lab, resume_lab, delete_lab in place

Hi Kacper,

Thanks for the review. Some comments inline.

> I looked at that application briefly. As far as I can tell you have a js app that
> spawns python shell to execute script that uses cmdline arguments to wrap
> around novaclient, which is yet another wrapper around native OpenStack
> API.
> Wouldn't it be simpler to just call OpenStack API directly via e.g.
> jQuery? There's no obligation to use Python along the way.

We actually discussed this to some degree in the past, and then actually touched on it today as well for a brief moment. I think the initial move to do it this way was to try to leverage the existing file and still allow for the system to be spun up via command line. Additionally, as Lengyue pushes in other scripts to handle the other API calls, that would also potentially allow those commands to be executed via command line still.

Do you feel that is something we should continue to support? Or do you feel it makes more sense to simply call the openstack endpoint directly instead?

> BTW, you can also authenticate user once to generate token, which then can
> be reused for each API call.

I believe that is what we are going to push to do as the UI gets built out. However for now, that aspect of things hasn't been implemented yet.

Thanks again!

Mario-