Re: Issues in creating labs with more than 3 instances

Only the first instance is returned from servers.create when using min_count and max_count to launch multiple instances with the v1 and v2 OpenStack Compute (Nova) API. The v3 api should return a list server objects, see http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/juno/approved/return-all-servers-during-multiple-create.html . Until the v3 api is available, I recommend using a loop to create multiple servers instead of using min_count and max_count if you need details about each instance that is created.

-Kevin

From:  <owner-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Lengyue Chen
Date:  Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 2:51 PM
To:  "discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject:  Issues in creating labs with more than 3 instances

Hi all

I am using the startup_ndslabs.py in the NDS REST API and I can only get the instance id of the first three instances if I create a lab with more than 3 instances. I have uploaded the startup_ndslabs.py I am using to the repo
https://bitbucket.org/nds-org/nds-webservice/src/8eeff20c855b27893418b1cc056db17c284b89f7/startup_ndslabs.py?at=nds-27-implement-create-rest-endpoint

In line 186, the print out statement only give me 3 instance ids even there are more. And strange thing is, all instances are actually created on openstack and  instances other than first 3 instances have their instance ids attached in their names although
 I did not write any code to do that.

Any one who familiar the script can help me? Thanks a lot.

Best

Lengyue