NDS News: NDS3, elections, and more

Hi friends of NDS,

As the NDS3 workshop approaches, I wanted to let you know about some
updates to our web site and some coming activity

  o  NDS3 Program and Accommadation info is now available
  o  NDS3: Small meetings and the NDS Labs Tutorial
  o  Steering Committee nominations are requested
  o  New Stakeholder Analysis survey launching

There's a lot of information we want to share, so you will be getting
additional mailings in the coming days.  For now, here's a preview...

NDS Program and Lodging info is now available

We've added more information about the NDS3 meeting to help you plan
your trip.  We have a more detailed overview of the program describing
the different sessions.  We have lodging information available as
well.  Visit the site at
http://www.nationaldataservice.org/get_involved/events/NDS3/.

Lost your invitiation? Find it here:
http://www.nationaldataservice.org/docs/NDS3invitation.html

Ready to register?  You can do that here:
https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/7222716

NDS3: Small meetings and the NDS Labs Tutorial

With NDS3, we've added a Small Groups Day on Wednesday, March 25,
before the plenary.  This is a chance for small teams to get together
in person.  Are you part of pilot project or coordination group?  Are
you part of an RDA working group?  You can reserve one of our small
meeting rooms for any part of the day.  Room requests can be sent to
info@nationaldataservice.org; just include your group name, the
organizers contact info, the length of time you would like the room,
and your preferred start time.

A special feature of the Small Groups Day will be a tutorial on using
NDS Labs.  This will happen from 10am to noon on Wednesday, March 25.
In the afternoon, you'll have the chance to experiment in the Labs
environment.  More information about the tutorial will be sent out
shortly.

Steering Committee nominations are requested

Very soon, you'll receive an official call for nominations to the
Consortium Steering Committee.  This is called for by our new charter
(http://www.nationaldataservice.org/docs/NDS_Charter_v28.pdf).  We see
to quickly gather nominations and hold an electronic election by the
NDS3 workshop.

New Stakeholder Analysis survey launching

The second part of our stakeholder analysis survey is about to start.
You may have participated in last years survey which we reported at
the June Meeting in Boulder.  This gave a good representation of the
perspectives of the "friends of NDS".  This time, we will be looking
to reach out into the scientific and research user communities.  Look
for the follow-up survey announcement coming soon.

Hope to see you in Austin!
Ray Plante
Interim Project Manager

nds-announce is a mail list of the National Data Service Consortium.