Subject: [secretariat][tab][rda-oab] Three new IGs
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 21:55:12 +0200
From: fontaine <fontak@xxxxxxx>
To: RDA Technical Advisory Board (TAB) <tab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rda-oab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <rda-oab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, RDA Secretariat <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all -Â

Just a note to let you know that Council has recognized and endorsed two new Interest Groups and one change in scope. Â

The Geospatial Interest Group has been recognized and endorsed, and they are described here: Âhttps://rd-alliance.org/groups/geospatial-ig.html. ÂHerman Stehouwer is the Secretariat Liaison, and Liu Chuang is the TAB Liaison.

The Repository Platforms for Research Interest Group has been recognized and endorsed, and they are described here: Âhttps://rd-alliance.org/groups/repository-platforms-research-data.html. ÂHerman Stehouwer is the Secretariat Liaison, and Jamie Shiers and Peter Wittenburg are TAB Liaisons.

The Big Data Analytics Interest Group has had a change of scope, and are now recognized and endorsed as the Big Data Interest Group, described here: Âhttps://rd-alliance.org/groups/big-data-analytics-ig/wiki/rda-big-data-analytics-interest-group-charter.html. ÂHerman Stehouwer is the Secretariat Liaison, and Beth Plale is the TAB Liaison.

Each group has received official notification, and is ready to roll, as it were. ÂI encourage all to keep an eye out for potential working groups, especially in the context of our current discussions regarding the potential for earlier involvement in the Outputs.

Congratulations to these groups, and we look forward to great things!

Cheers

Dr. Kathleen S. Fontaine (Kathy)
Managing Director,ÂResearch Data Alliance/US
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Amos Eaton, Room 211
110 8th Street
Troy, NY 12080