Re: Connectivity issue to vlad-mgmt resolved

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Coakley, Kevin <kcoakley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I would be happy to contribute more with time I have available.
>
> I noticed that the startup_ndslabs.py script references resources by their uuid. I have the code to lookup resource uuids by their common name and I would be happy to contribute it to the project. Referring to the resources by their common name would make it easier run the scripts on multiple projects and multiple OpenStack clusters since the common name of the resources could be made the same across the projects and OpenStack clusters but the uuids cannot. Let me know if you think this could be useful.
>
> If you want to use AWS in addition to OpenStack, I have a script I wrote for another project that is vary similar to startup_ndslabs.py that uses the boto python package.
>
> I usually have a few hours per week that I can use to contribute. I would be happy to help with small new features, testing, bug fixes, streamlining of your code and docker containers. I looked at the open issues on your Jira server and I didnât see any of these type of issues submitted.

That sounds awesome.  The jira site currently doesn't have anything
like that listed, although I do believe it should be something we
focus on in the near future.  Thank you very much for your
contributions -- especially because this particular aspect of the
project has not been widely deployed yet, it's good to have feedback
and information like this (especially when it comes with code!)

-Matt