The National Data Service (NDS), is a community-driven, US initiative and operational entity. The NDS Consortium is a coalition of individuals and organizations who collaborate to guide the development and operation of the NDS. Interested stakeholders are invited to join the Consortium.
Who May Join?
The Consortium membership includes organizations prepared to contribute to the planning of the NDS framework and who take an active role in supporting NDS. Members include individuals with a strong interest in engaging in the NDS, but who are not prepared to speak on behalf of their organization as well as organizations with a strong interest in engaging in the NDS.
Key types of organizations/stakeholders include, but are not limited to:
- Citizen scientists
- Commercial organizations
- Cyberinfrastructure providers
- Data centers
- End user scientists
- Government agencies (international, national, state, local)
- Initiatives centered on sharing data, models and software (including pipeline development)
- K-12 education
- Libraries, museums, archives
- Professional associations
- Scholarly publishers
- Software developers
- Standards setting organizations
- Universities and colleges
How Do I Join?
The process to "join" is currently informal.
Join our email list.
- Read the Consortium Guidelines.
- Send an email to email@example.com; include the organization you represent if applicable.
- Save the dates for the next NDS Workshop.
- Join our email list.